The rulers of a nation or a people group can be a help or a hindrance to the spread of the gospel among people.
The following prayer guide can help you pray for leaders so that the gospel will advance without any hindrance from them.
You can pray for the leaders of a nation or a people group. You can also adapt this prayer guide to pray for specific leaders.
Father, I pray in the name of Jesus that
- You save the leaders of ________ . Bring them into a personal relationship with Your Son, Jesus Christ. Move on their hearts to do everything to advance the cause of Christ in ________(John 3:16; Acts 4:12).
- You give the leaders of _______ a hunger for You. Cause them to desire You and Your will above all things. (Psalm 42:1-2).
- You hinder the unsaved leaders of _____. Do not allow them to gain any understanding about the church, its leaders, or its activities. Hinder them from taking any evil actions against Your people (Jeremiah 32:17).
- the leaders of _______have God- fearing advisors and godly counsel (Proverbs 9: 1 0).
- the leaders of ______recognize their own inadequacy and pray and seek the will of God for their lives and their decisions (Proverbs 3:5-8).
- are generous and have compassionate hearts for the poor and the needy (Psalm 112:9; Luke 10:33-37).
- the leaders of ______desire honesty, integrity, and loyalty. (Psalm 26; Proverbs 11:3).
- the leaders of ______are prepared to give an account to You, the Almighty God who has placed them in their positions (Hebrews 9:27).
- the leaders of ________desire humility and meekness and are willing to serve and cooperate with others (John 13:14; Titus 3:1-2).
- the leaders of _________________endeavor to restore the sanctity of life, families, divine order, and morality in ____________(Ephesians 5:22-6:4) .
- You grant the leaders of __________ wisdom and knowledge for their task of leadership (James 1:5).
- the leaders of ___________are convicted of their sins and confess and repent of those sins. (Proverbs 28:13, 1 John 1:9; James 4:8).
- the leaders of ______ read and study the Word of God (Psalm 119:11).
- the leaders of _________ value, regard, and obey the Ten Commandments and the teachings of Jesus Christ (Psalm 19:7-11; John 8:31-32).
- the leaders of _________respect authority and practice accountability (Romans 13: 1-7).
- the leaders of ________ are faithful and honest with spouses and children (Malachi 2:1516).
- the leaders of _______ desire purity and avoid immorality, pornography, perversion, and drunkenness (1 Corinthians 6:19-20; Titus 2:12).
- the leaders of _________have thankful and teachable spirits (Romans 1:21).
In the Name of Jesus, Amen