In Psalm 101, David expresses his desire to please God as the king of Israel.
He also declares his accountability to God as the ruler.
David longed to be a godly ruler who pleased God and governed the people wisely and efficiently.
In this psalm, he lists his goals for leadership.
These goals provide you with a prayer guide that you can pray for the President.
The President needs and deserves our prayers.
It is our responsibility before God to do so (1 Timothy 2:1-2).
Read this psalm and ask the Holy Spirit to guide you in your praying for the President.
The following are some requests that you can make of God for him:
Father God I pray for our President that he:
· loves and practices mercy and justice; (v.l)
· praises and adores God (v.l)
· acts wisely; (v.2)
· lives a life of integrity both in public and in private; (v.2)
· senses and knows the presence of God in his life (v.2)
· hates what is evil; (v.3)
· will not tolerate compromise in his life or in those who surround him; (v.3)
· keeps his heart right with God and man; (v.4)
· repents of sin and fights against it (v.4)
· hates and avoids pride, evil talk, and slander (v.5)
· appoints blameless and efficient men and women
to positions of authority (v.6)
· maintains blameless and godly standards; (v.7)
· labors with all his strength to eradicate ungodly, immoral laws; (v.8)
· labors with all his strength to build a righteous foundation for the nation (v.8)
I pray that lies and deceit are unacceptable to him (v.7)
In Jesus’ Name, Amen