31 days of prayer for your wife
Father God, I pray that _____ is a holy woman of prayer, mature in the Lord, growing in her knowledge of the Lord.
· 1 Thes 5:23 - May she be holy and keep her whole spirit, soul, and body blameless until Jesus comes.
· Col 4:12 - May she be strong and perfect, fully confident of the whole will of God.
· Eph 1:18-19 - Enlighten her heart to be able to understand the wonderful future God has promised. May she realize what a rich and glorious inheritance God has given her. May she understand the great power (resurrection power) You have given to her.
· Eph 3:16-19 - Give her inner strength through the Holy Spirit from Your unlimited resources. I pray that You will be more and more at home in her heart as she trusts in You. May her roots go deep down into the soil of Your marvelous love. May she experience Your love so she can be filled with the fullness of life and power that comes from You alone.
· Eph 6:18 - Make her a woman of prayer, praying at all times in the power of the Spirit. Keep her alert and persistent in prayer for all Christians everywhere.
Father God, I pray that _____ is growing into a woman of integrity, who works righteousness, speaks truth in her heart, and walks, sits, and stands only in the path of the godly.
· Psalm 1 - I pray that she would not follow the advice of the wicked or stand with sinners or join in with scoffers. May she delight in doing Your will. Let her meditate on Your word day and night. I pray that she would be like trees planted by water, vibrant, growing and bearing fruit each season without fail. May her leaves never wither and may she prosper in all she does. Please watch over her path, Lord.
Father God, I pray that _____ is a woman of contentment.
· Prov 15:16 - May she have a fear for the Lord above all riches or treasure.
· Phil 4:11 - Help her, Lord to be happy with little or much.
· 1 Tim 6:6-8 - May she know that contentment is great wealth. May we both be content with the food and clothes You provide. Keep us both from desiring to be rich, for many rich fall into evil desires which lead to ruin.
· Heb 13:5 - May she find satisfaction in knowing that You will never leave her or forsake her. Keep her from the love of money and let her be satisfied.
Father God, I pray that _____ learns to take every thought captive, to not be conformed to the world’s thinking, and to think scripturally.
· Rom 12:3 - Help her to be honest in her estimate of herself, measuring her value by how much faith You have given her.
· 2 Cor 10:5 - May she make every thought captive to the obedience of Christ and let her break down every proud argument that keeps her from knowing You. Help her to obey You.
Father God, I pray that _____ daily seeks You with all her heart, walking in the Spirit moment by moment, growing in her dependence on You.
· Psalm 119:1-2 - Make her a woman of integrity who follows all Your laws. Help her to search for You with all her heart.
· Prov 3:5-6 - May she trust in You with all her heart and not lean on her own understanding. Help her to seek Your will in all she does. And direct her path.
Father God, I pray that _____ is ever captivated by my love.
· Eph 5:33 Help her to love me as You have called her to. May she respect me, notice me, regard me, honor me, prefer me, venerate and esteem me, and that she would defer to me, praise me, love me, and admire me exceedingly.
Father God, I pray that _____ is a woman of courage.
· Deut 31:6 - May she be strong, courageous and firm. Help her not to be afraid but instead put her trust firmly in You, that You will not fail or forsake her.
· 2 Chron 19:11 - May she be strong and do Your will! Let her deal courageously in all things knowing You are with her.
Father God, I pray that _____ is woman of inner beauty.
· I Peter 3:1-6 Help her to accept my authority and trust in You. May her godly behavior be a shining example to all. Help her not to be as concerned about outward beauty as inward beauty. Give her a gentle and quiet spirit, which You value.
Father God, I pray that _____ always looks at the plank in her own eye before seeing the speck in another’s eye.
· Matt. 7:3 - Help her not to judge others, instead may she be merciful and forgiving.
· James 4:11-12 - Help her not to speak evil against another or criticize or condemn. May she obey Your laws and allow You to do the judging.
Father God, I pray that _____ is a called woman, not driven, with well-thought through and prayed through goals in her life.
· 1 Cor 9:24-27 - Help her to run the race so she may win. May she practice strict self-control for the eternal prize. Show her how to run straight for the goal with purpose in every step, never missing a step. May she discipline her body, training it to do as it should so she will not be disqualified.
Father God, I pray that _____ is a woman of prayer, guarding her heart and mind, putting into practice the biblical things she has heard, seen, and learned.
· Phil 4:8-9 - Help her to fix her thoughts on what is true, honorable, and right. Keep her thoughts pure, lovely, and admirable. Focus her thinking on excellent things and praiseworthy things. Help her to put into practice all she has learned. Please give her Your peace.
Father God, I pray that _____ stands firm against the schemes of the devil and resists Satan in all circumstances.
· Eph 6:10-18 - Help her to be strong in Your mighty power. Let her put on the armor that she might stand strong against all Satan’s strategies and tricks. Help her to remember to depend on You to do warfare against all the evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against the powers of darkness who rule this world and the wicked spirits in the heavenly realm. Keep her standing firm to resist evil in and after battle. With the belt of truth let her stand firm. Clothe her in Your righteousness. Let her walk in peace and be fully prepared for wherever You lead her. May she use the faith You have given her to shield herself from the enemy’s attacks. Guard her thinking with the blood of Jesus and let her find protection and defense in the Word. Keep her always in prayer in the power of the Holy Spirit. Keep her alert and persistent in prayer for all Christians everywhere.
· James 4:7 - Let her humble herself before You and let her resist the devil so he will flee from her.
Father God, I pray that _____ grows in spiritual maturity by putting away childish things, cultivating understanding, striving after the Christ ideal, partaking of the deeper truths of the gospel, and overcoming temptation.
· I Cor 13:11 - May she put away childish things.
· I Cor 14:20 - May she not be childish in her understanding but wise and mature.
· Eph 4:13-14 - Bring her to a place of unity in her faith and knowledge of Your Son, so that she will be mature and full grown in You, measuring to Christ’s stature.
· Heb 5:14 - May she recognize the difference between right and wrong and do what is right in all situations.
· I John 2:14 - May she know in maturity, You- Father, Christ and Holy Spirit. May Your Word live in her heart and give her victory over the enemy in her life.
Father God, I pray that _____ knows that her home is not here, but in heaven.
· Col 3:1-3 Help her to set her sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits at Your right hand in the place of honor and power. May she let heaven fill her thoughts and not think only of things down here on earth.
· Phil 3:14 May she endeavor to reach the end of the race to receive the prize for which You are calling us up to heaven.
Father God, I pray that _____ learns not to depend on her circumstances for happiness but on You alone.
· Phil 4:13 - Teach her to be content with little or much.
· I Tim 6:8 - May she be content with the food and clothing that You have provided us.
Luke 3:14 - May we be content with our wages.
Father God, I pray that _____ is a woman who enters into spiritual warfare.
· II Cor 10:3-5 - May she not wage war by human methods, but help her to knock down the devil’s strongholds with Your mighty weapons. May she use Your weapons to break down every proud argument that keeps people from knowing You. Help her to use these weapons to conquer their rebellious ideas and teach them to obey Christ.
· I Thes 5:8 - Let her think clearly and live in the light. Protect her by the body armor of faith and love. Let her wear as her helmet the confidence of her salvation.
Father God, I pray that _____ has a new strength in the midst of her busy schedule, and that You infuse her with Your strength.
· Isaiah 40:31 - That she might wait on You and find new strength. Let her rise above the strength of this world and be able to run the race without getting tired of it. Make her daily walk with You consistent without wavering.
· Eph 3:16-19 - Give her inner strength through Your Spirit from Your unlimited resources. I ask that You will be more and more at home in her heart as she trusts in You. May her roots go down deep in the soil of Your marvelous love. Give her the power to understand how wide, high, and deep Your love really is. Let her experience Your love so she may be filled with life and power that comes from You alone.
Father God, I pray that _____ has a burden to see lost people come to Jesus as Lord and Savior.
· Matt 28:16-20 - Help her never to doubt You. As a follower of Yours, help her accept the authority You’ve given her and make disciples everywhere she goes. May she teach others to obey You. Assure her that You are always with her.
· Matt 5:13-16 - Help her to be salt and light so everyone who sees You in her will give You praise.
Father God, I pray that _____ is kept from fools, and that her friends are men and women who walk with You.
· Prov 13:20 - Keep her on the path of wisdom so that she will not suffer harm.
· Prov 2:20-22 - May she follow good and righteous examples.
· Col 2:8-10 - Guard her from being led astray with empty philosophy and worldly thinking.
Father God, I pray that _____ ‘s self-image is a reflection of Your thoughts toward her.
· Eph 1:17-19 - Give her spiritual wisdom and understanding that she might grow in her knowledge of You.
· Rom 12:3 - Help her to be honest in her evaluation or estimate of herself .
· Psalm 139 - Give her the peace and trust to know that You know everything about her, when she sits, stands, her thoughts, the path ahead of her, where to stop and rest, what she will say before she says it. Bless her with Your hand of blessing, and help her to remember that You both precede and follow her. Let her experience moment by moment, Your guiding hand strengthening and supporting her. Let her enjoy who she is and how You have created all of her marvelously. Let her rest in the fact that You have ordained her life from the beginning of time and that You never stop thinking about her. Destroy the things in her life that would destroy her or hurt her. Put out anything that would get in the way of a deeper walk with You. Give her discernment to know what is evil and what is not. Point out to her anything in her life that offends You and lead her along the path of everlasting life.
Father God, I pray that _____ is a woman who values wisdom.
· Prov 4:1-14 - Help her to pay attention to You and Your teaching. May she learn to be wise and develop good judgment. Help her not to forget Your words or turn her back on Your wisdom. Let her grow in wisdom so it may guard her. As she prizes and embraces wisdom, may she be honored by You. Lead her in Your paths and grant her a good long life. Don’t allow her to stumble but help her to carry out Your instructions and not forsake them. Help her not to do as the world leads but to follow You always.
Father God, I pray that _____ is not deceived into unbelief, sin, or bitterness.
· 2 Cor 11:3 - Keep her from being led away from her pure and simple devotion to You.
· Luke 21:8 - Guard her from being misled and give her discernment.
· John 17:15-17 - Keep her safe from the evil one. Purify her by teaching her Your words of truth.
· Heb 3:12-14 - Guard her heart from evil and unbelief. Keep her from being deceived by sin and hardened against You. May she be faithful to the end, trusting in You so that she may share in all that belongs to Christ.
Father God, I pray that _____ is learning to love as You have commanded.
· 1 Cor 13:4-7 - May she learn to love as You do. May she be patient and kind, not jealous, boastful, proud, or rude. Help her not do demand her way. Help her not to be irritable and not to keep account of when she has been wronged. May she always rejoice when truth wins out and never be glad when there is injustice. May she never give up on loving anyone. May she always keep the faith and hope and endure through all circumstances.
· Rom 12:8-10 - May she be an encouragement to others and share generously of her resources. May she take her leadership responsibilities seriously. Help her to cultivate the gift of kindness to all men. May she really love others and not just pretend. May she stand for what is good and hate evil. May she love with genuine affection and delight in honoring others. Give her an enthusiasm for serving You and never be lazy in her work.
Father God, I pray that the fruit of the Spirit is exhibited more and more in _____’s life, visible to her family, friends, co-workers, and those who do not know You.
· Gal 5:22-23 - May her life be controlled by the Holy Spirit. May love overflow for all. May she have inner joy and peace. Make her a patient woman, slow to get angry and frustrated. May she perceive what kindness is in every situation. Let her be good and faithful in all her dealings. Teach her how to be gentle and to have self-control in all areas of her life.
· John 15:8 Make her a true disciple who bears much fruit and gives glory to You.
Father God, I pray that _____ is a virtuous woman.
· Prov 31:10-31 Help her to be trustworthy, enriching my life as she grows in knowledge of You. Give her the energy, strength, and wisdom to carry out her daily responsibilities. Give her eyes to see the needs around her and generosity to meet the needs. Make her aware of the needs of her household and show her how to meet those needs according to Your will. May her words be wise and kind. May her children bless her and teach me to praise her. Remind her that charm is deceptive and beauty fades but her fear of You will be greatly praised. Please reward her for all she has done. Let her deeds declare Your praise.
Father God, I pray that _____ is growing daily in character.
· II Peter 1:5-8 - Help her to apply the benefits of Your power and promises to her life. May her faith produce a life of moral excellence, which leads to knowing You better. As she knows You better, may she be more and more self-controlled and patiently endure all which leads to godliness. Godliness leads to more love for other Christians and all people. Please make her godly and loving so she may be productive and useful in her knowledge of You.
Father God, I pray that _____ keeps a clear conscience.
· I Peter 3:16-18 - Make her gentle and respectful in her sharing with others. Keep her conscience clear and help her to live above reproach so her witness will be a testimony of Your presence in her.
· I Tim 1:5 - Fill her with Your love that comes from a pure heart, a clear conscience, and sincere faith.
Father God, I pray that You protect _____, guarding her course.
· Prov 2:8 - Guard her path, protect her as she follows You. Lead her so she may find the right course of action in every situation.
· Ps 25:4-5 - Point out the path for her to follow, lead her by Your truth, and teach her Your ways, for You are the God who saves. May she always put her hope in You.
· Ps 66:9 - Keep her life in Your hands and keep her feet from stumbling.
Father God, I pray that _____ is learning to manage her time well.
· Eph 5:15-17 - Help her to be careful how she lives her life. May she be wise in her choices. Help her to make the most of every opportunity for doing good. Help her not to act thoughtlessly but to understand what You want her to do.
Father God, I pray that You put a song in _____’s heart.
· Ps 33:3 - Put a new song in her heart- a song of praise to You.
· Ps 40:3 - May this new song of praise to You be so visible that it will be a testimony to others so they will come to know You.
· Job 35:10 - Give her songs in the night that her sleep may be peaceful.
Father God, I pray that _____ has a holy fear of You, O Lord.
· Ps 34:11 - Give her ears to hear You and teach her the fear of the Lord.
· Ps 111:10 - Make her wise to know reverence for You and obedience to You.
· Prov 9:10 - Help her to fear You that she may be wise. May she know You so she may have understanding.
Adapted from http://gslcnm.com/PrayforWife.htm