Father God, I want my heart and my words to be acceptable to You. (Psalm 19:14)
Father, I offer my tongue as an instrument of righteousness. (Romans 6:13)
Forgive me for any corrupt word that has proceeded out of my mouth. (Ephesians 4:29)
Unless my heart is clean, Father God, my words cannot be clean
for Your Word says that those things which proceed out of the mouth
originate in the heart are able to defile me. (Matthew 15:18)
Create in me a clean heart and renew a steadfast spirit within me. (Psalm 51:10)
Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth; keep watch over the door of my lips.
May I be slow to speak, slow to take offense and to get angry. (Psalm 141:3)
· Help me to separate what I feel in my flesh from what I allow to come out of my mouth.
I don’t have to say everything that I think. Instead, by the power of Your Spirit within me,
I can take every thought captive and make it obedient to Christ. (2 Corinthians 10:5)
· Help me, Holy Spirit, Submit to God's peace
· Because the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard my heart and mind in Christ Jesus.
· Help me to break up any fallow ground in my heart so that my heart is ready to receive the Word of God
· Help me to feed my spirit on the Word of God and store good treasure
in my heart so that God’s Word is abundant in me. (Deuteronomy 8:3; Jeremiah 15:16; Psalm 119:11)
· Help me to speak faith-filled words. (Romans 10:8)
· Help me release the truth of God’s Word over every situation (Isaiah 55:11)
Thank You, Father for pouring out Your love in my heart by the Holy Spirit. (Romans 5:5)
Help me Holy Spirit to speak words of love. (Ephesians 4:15)
Father, Use my words to edify others and impart grace to those who hear me.
· Give me words to speak in due season and let my answer bring joy to my heart. (Proverbs 15:23)
· Let the power of my words bring life and not death, blessing and not cursing. (Deuteronomy 30:19; Proverbs 18:21)
· Give me boldness to speak the truth of your righteousness, and tenderness to do so in love. (Ephesians 6:19; Proverbs 8:7; )
· Make me unashamed to speak the name of Jesus and to share the gospel for it is the power of God unto salvation. (Romans 1:16)
· Empower me by Your Holy Spirit to be your faithful witnesses. (Acts 1:8)
· Give me an ear to hear what Your Spirit would have me speak. (Mark 4:23; Isaiah 28:23)
I thank You that You have provided Your Word to meditate on that I may prosper and succeed in all I do. (Joshua 1:8)
· When I don’t know what to say, send Your word to bring light and understanding. (Psalm 119:130)
· Instruct and guide my speech according to Your Word, and let me not turn aside to the left or to the right.
(Deuteronomy 28:14; Psalm 32:8)
· Keep my heart tender to You Father, that I may hear your voice and follow You closely. (2 Kings 22:19)
I thank You, Father God, for the gift of language and of words.
Yet I know that if I could speak all the languages of the world, but have not love, I would be nothing.
Help me to make all my communication, whether verbal or written, with love.
Help me to avoid gossip, boasting, strife, backbiting, sarcasm, criticism, lying,
foolishness, ungodly humor, vain speech, hatred, pride, rudeness and any other evil in my communication.
Use my words to provide hope, grace, encouragement, joy, compassion, truth,
kindness, faith, goodness, tenderness and most of all love.
(1 Corinthiansb13; 2 Corinthians 12:20; Ephesians 4:31-32)
Help me, Holy Spirit to minister to others as vessels of God’s love.
Father God may the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart honor You. (Psalm 19:14)
In Jesus’ Name, Amen.