|His Word My Mouth|
|Encouragement For Life's Journey|
Father God, in the Name of Jesus, I pray for a Christ-centered home and family.
I seek your wisdom and guidance in applying Your principles.
I purpose in my heart, with Your help Father,
- to get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, slander, as well as all types of malicious behavior
- to be kind to others, tenderhearted, forgiving others, just as You, Father, through Christ have forgiven me
I pray that the members of my family
- live in harmony with one another;
- are sympathetic towards each other
- love one another with tender hearts and humble minds
- don't repay evil for evil
- don't retaliate when people say unkind things about them, but instead, pay them back with a blessing.
- hunger for the Word of God
- the fruit of the Spirit is evident in my family (Galatians 5:22-23)
- that we are "salt and light" in our neighborhood and community (Matthew 5: 13 -16)
- that my children grow in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men (Luke 2:52)
- that with Your help, Father, I will raise my children, training and instructing them in the ways of the Lord (Ephesians 6:4
- that my children will not succumb to peer pressure, but rather set an example in speech, life, love, faith and purity ( I Timothy 4: 12)
- that whatever may be our task, we work at it heartily as something done for You, Lord and not for men.(Colossians 3:23)
- that the peace that comes from Christ rule in our hearts (Colossians 3: 15)
In Jesus' Name, Amen.