Father, I pray that _______
· is filled with the Holy Spirit and daily walks in His power. (Ephesians 5: 18; Galatians 5: 16)
· speaks the Word of God with boldness. (Acts 4:31; Ephesians 6: 19)
· presents the gospel clearly to unbelievers (Colossians 4:4).
· is accepted by the believers and the missionaries in the area where he/she is laboring (Romans 15: 30-31 ).
God, I pray that
· You protect _________from the attacks of Satan and his demons (Romans 15:30-31; 2 Thessalonians 3 :2-3).
· You open doors and hearts to receive the gospel as _______ ministers in his/her place of service (Colossians 4:3).
· You make _________’s ministry exceedingly fruitful and that You glorify Yourself through this ministry. (2 Thessalonians 3: 1).
· You deliver ________from loneliness and frustration (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 18:9-10; Hebrews 13:5).
· You create in ______a servant's heart (Philippians 2:510).
· __________lives and labors each day for the glory of God (1 Corinthians 10: 3 1).
· ______is a vessel through which the love of God can flow through to others (Romans 5:5; John 13:3435).
· You grant _____Your specific direction for his/her ministry (Psalm 37:5).
Father, I pray that
· ______has a growing and intimate relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ (John 15:4-5).
· ______has a deeper and clearer understanding of the Word of God (John 16:13).
· You continually protect ______ from all harm and ask that You strengthen _______physically (Genesis 2:7).
· You grant ______ peace and assurance about the care of his/her family members that are left at home (1 Peter 5:7).
· You fill ______with Your joy in all situations and let this joy sustain _______in all situations (Nehemiah 8:10).
· ______sees people and things from Your perspective (Proverbs 3: 5).
· You bless and strengthen _____'s family (Ephesians 5:22-6:4).
· ______has a renewed and growing zeal to share the gospel with unbelievers (Romans 1: 15,16).
· ________ is completely yielded to Christ and willing to die to self in all matters (Mark 8:34-35).
· _________ is growing in humility (l Peter 5:5-6) .
· _______endures persecution in a Christ-like manner and is willing to give his/her life for the gospel's sake if that is what is called for in the situation (1 Peter 2:21-23).
· You create a thankful heart in especially in times of difficulty (Ephesians 5:20).
· You raise up prayer partners for __________(1 Thessalonians 5:24).
· all of _______’s needs--physical, emotional, and spiritual are met by You through Your grace and power (Philippians 4: 19).
· ________ labors from godly motives and not from a desire to please people (2 Corinthians 4:2).
· you raise up strong believers around ________who encourage him/her in the tasks that God has given to him/her (Philemon 20).
· _________ longs to be holy and live a life of obedience to the Word of God (1 Peter 1: 15-16).
· ______is salt and light to the people to which he/she has been sent (Matthew 5:13-14).
The following Scripture prayers can be used to pray for a missionary's evangelism. These Scripture prayers focus on his or her responsibility to be a witness for Jesus Christ on the field. You can pray that the missionary is a powerful and effective witness through these Scripture prayers.
I pray that ______is salt and light in the midst of this lost world. Grant _____a righteous influence in the world (Matthew 5: 13-15).
I ask that ______ walks in wisdom toward those who are outside the body of Christ. May ______’s speech be full of grace, godliness, and wisdom so that he/she may know how he/she ought to answer and respond to the lost. (Colossians 4:5-6)
I pray that You are the main pursuit ______’s life and that ____ is always ready to give an explanation to everyone who asks ______ a reason for the hope that is in him/her with meekness and fear. (1 Peter 3:15)
I pray that _____ does all things without murmuring and disputing so that ______ would be blameless, a child of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom ______ should shine as a light in the world, holding fast the word of life (Philippians 2:14-16).
I pray that ______ knows and understands the terror of the Lord; that ______ sees and knows clearly that people without Jesus Christ are lost and headed to an eternal hell to face the wrath of God. Because _____ knows and understands these things, I pray that ______ is used by You to persuade lost people to turn from their sin and to the Lord Jesus Christ in faith (2 Corinthians 5: 11).
Holy Spirit, I ask that You give _____ a continual and agonizing burden concerning lost people and their need to repent and believe (Romans 9:1-3).
Father, You have declared in Your Word that You have given believers the ministry of reconciliation. ______has surrendered his/her life to You. Because of this, You have given ______ the ministry of reconciliation -- sharing the gospel with lost people so that they can be in a right relationship with You. I pray that is faithful to this ministry by sharing the gospel with others (2 Corinthians 5: 17 -19).
Father, You have saved ______. You have made ______ an ambassador for Your Son, Jesus Christ, in this world. I pray that ______recognizes like never before that he/she represents the Lord Jesus Christ in this world. Enable _____to live a life worthy of the Lord Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 5 :20).
I pray that ______sees this lost world as God sees it (John 3:16);
that______ would not grow weary in sharing the gospel but that ________will know that if he/she does not lose heart he/she will reap converts to Christ (Galatians 6:9); that receives power from the Holy Spirit and that is a witness for You wherever he/she goes (Acts 1:8).
I pray that ______has certainty and understanding concerning the truth of the gospel; that ______diligently searches the Scripture so that he/she knows what he/she believes and is able to share and defend the Word of God (Romans 10:8-17; Acts 17: 11).
I ask that ______be not conformed to this world but that _____ is transformed by the renewing of his/her mind (Romans 12:2); that ______loves not this world nor the things of this world; that ________is not attracted to and lured away by the things of this world, but that ______ is focused on doing the will of God (1 John 2: 15-17).
I ask that You grant ______ opportunities to share the gospel. Bring lost people into ______'s life so that he/she can share Your Word with them (Colossians 4:3; Matthew 7:7).
Lord Jesus, You have declared in Your Word that we will be hated because we belong to You. For this reason, I ask You to give ______ the strength and the courage to stand for You in this lost world. Lord Jesus, do not allow ______to compromise his/her stand due to the reaction of the world (John 15:18-21).
Father, I pray that You make ______ bold and fearless in his/her witness of Your Son (Proverbs 28:1).
In Jesus’ Name, Amen.