Father God, it is written in Your Word that You are not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. (2 Pet.3:9)
In the Name of Jesus and by the power of the Holy Spirit, I loosen the holds of Satan and his forces, whatever they may be, on the minds of unbelieving inmates, interfering in their hearing and comprehending the gospel truths; opposing God’s will and the conversion of people to the Lord Jesus Christ. I bind them body, soul and spirit to the will and purposes of God. (Matt.18:18)
I pray they have an opportunity to really understand and make an unhindered decision for or against Jesus, based on a true understanding of what is said. (Isa. 35:5; 43:6-8.)
I pray the Lord of Harvest to send forth laborers across their paths to share the Gospel in a way that they will listen and understand. (Matt. 9:38)
Father, I pray that
- the Spirit of Adoption whereby men cry” Abba Father” rests on the inmates (Romans 8:15)
- the Spirit of Grace and Supplication which causes men to look upon Jesus rests upon the inmates (Zech.12:10).
- Your peace, grace and mercy rest upon the inmates; (2 Cor.4:4-5)
- You do whatever is necessary to prepare their heats to receive the Gospel when it is presented; till the soil of their hearts and fertilize it with Your Word so their hearts are good soil. (Matt.13:3-8)
- the Holy Spirit draws them to the Lord (John 6:44)
- they surrender to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and have a personal relationship with You.
I pray that the saved inmates exercise a powerful and righteous influence. Empower them to live holy and obedient lives. (Matthew 5:13-16; 1 Peter 2:11-12,3:15-16)
I pray the saved inmates are powerful witnesses of the Lord Jesus Christ. Fill them with the Holy Spirit so that they can speak boldly about who Jesus is and what Jesus can do
Father, grant the saved inmates strength and courage when they are persecuted for faith. Enable them to stand strong in Christ the Lord. (2 Timothy 3:10-12)
Father, I pray for Your people who minister to the incarcerated that
- they are filled with Your Holy Spirit and daily walk in His Power (Ephesians 5:18; Galatians 5:16)
- they speak the Word of God with boldness. (Acts 4:31; Ephesians 6: 19)
- they present the gospel clearly to unbelievers (Colossians 4:4).
- You protect them from the attacks of Satan and his demons (Romans 15:30-31; 2 Thessalonians 3 :2-3).
- You open doors and hearts to receive the gospel as Your people minister in their place of service (Colossians4:3).
- You make their ministry exceedingly fruitful and that You glorify Yourself through their ministry. (2 Thessalonians 3: 1).
- They are vessels through which the love of God can flow through to others (Romans 5:5; John 13:3435).
- You grant them Your specific direction for their ministry (Psalm 37:5).
- I pray that they salt and light in the midst of the prison.
- Grant them a righteous influence in the prison (Matthew 5: 13-15).
I ask that they walk in wisdom toward those who are outside the body of Christ. May their speech be full of grace, godliness, and wisdom so that they may know how they ought to answer and respond to the unsaved. (Colossians 4:5-6)
In Jesus’ Name, Amen.